Register at: https://abw.swansea.ac.uk/BusinessWorld/
This event is part of the REIS Seminar Programme seriesSpeaker
Mrs Anjana Choudhuri.
University Research Integrity Manager.
Areas of responsibility include:
Providing information and guidance to the research active academic staff community and research managers information on:
• Research Integrity policies, processes, and systems.
• Research integrity training.
• Research misconduct screening and investigations
• Research compliance including research regulatory compliance for Prevent, Safeguarding and research related bullying and harassment.
Committee Secretary to the University Research Integrity: Ethics & Governance Committee.
Misconduct in research can have wide-ranging and damaging consequences, harming the integrity of research, bringing the individuals involved and the organisation into disrepute and causing harm to those involved. It can also damage public confidence in research.
All researchers must therefore build into their work the principles of:
• Honesty, transparency, and respect to maintain the dignity, rights, safety, and wellbeing of all involved, or those who could be affected by it.
• Openness and accountability by making available to the research community and the public, the research findings in a timely manner.
• Familiarise themselves with the relevant legal and ethical documents, policies and guidelines on good practice that prevent research misconduct.
Only through the endorsement and support of good practice in research at the highest level and implementation through education, training, and supervision, can researchers become aware of their individual responsibilities and the collective responsibility they have to their research organisation and the wider research community.
This 1-hour webinar is aimed at highlighting to the researchers the University Policies on good research practice (Research Integrity: Policy Framework) with a specific focus on the University Policy on Research misconduct, methods of bringing misconduct matters to the attention of the Senior Leadership teams in Research & Innovation, avenues of tackling research related harassment and bullying and authorship disputes.
Contact: Anjana Choudhuri (Email: A.Choudhuri@Swansea.ac.uk)