This event is part of the Swansea Academy of Inclusivity and Learner Success (SAILS) seriesFrom: May 16, 2018, 9:15 a.m.
A South Wales ALDinHE Regional Symposium on embedding academic study skills in programmes of study will be held on Wednesday 16th May 2018 in the Great Hall on the Bay Campus.
The ALDinHE Regional Symposium will include:
- Opening keynote presentation from Dr Lesley Roberts, Head of Skills for Learning at London South Bank University (LSBU).
Lightning talks on:
• An Approach to Embedding Academic Skills in Core 1st Year History Modules
• Online book groups as support for academic reading skills
• The use of interactive e-books to boost independent learning: The essential study skill for the millennial generation
• Feeding back and feeding forward: the academic literacy professional as linchpin
• Webinars for students studying MSc Leadership, Management and Innovation in Health Care (NHS Wales- Graduate Management Scheme)
• From extra skills sessions to embedded academic English support: exploring the best ways to improve 1st year Engineering students' academic English
• Embedding academic skills including academic integrity in academic group tutorials
• Embedding skills for second year success
• Embedding critical skills into the UG Philosophy curriculum
• Time-critical: embedding critical writing skills in health and applied sciences at UWE Bristol
• Academic preparedness of first year business students – embedding academic skills
Roundtable discussions on:
• Project-based learning as a way to embed multiple skills in a large module
• Academic Literacy Development - Embedded, standalone or a combination of both?
- Closing keynote presentation by Dr Joanne Berry, Senior Lecturer in Ancient History, Swansea University, on the use of feedback journals by students in an innovative pilot.
The final programme will be confirmed by mid-April and delegates may choose what to attend on the day.
Places are limited so early booking is strongly recommended. Book now via Eventbrite. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
If you have any queries please email email@example.com.
Contact: Alison Braddock (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) - Telephone: 01792 513370